Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(04-22-2021, 10:46 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I think you need to distinguish between QB and other positions. 

With QB teams want a top 5 player in his position and it's an all or nothing position.

But given the choice between the 30th best QB and the 30th best G teams are going to choose the G as a top 30 G is someone you can win with; a top 30 QB isn't.

A deep QB draft therefore means little when anything outside the top guys have limited use. On the O-line though a deep draft means multiple players in the mid-rounds you can win with. A deep draft means that players who would have been in the first round in other drafts would fall into the second, so the second round is then no longer a crap shoot at that position (I'd also suggest that the second round isn't a crap shoot for interior linemen - eg Whit, Steinbach, Bujnoch)

Hous you aren't wrong.  However, since 2015 the ability of this team to develop and draft OL is poor to say the least. 

The only one so far showing any potential of 9 OL drafted since 2015 is Jonah, but his problem is staying healthy.  I don't think he'll ever be elite like Whit or Big Willy but he'll be steady as long as he can remain healthy. 

My confidence in this front office to get this draft right is minimal right now.  

As the old adage says, I see better than I hear.  I was hoping we'd address the OL in free agency but this team will never spend big money on a free agent especially an OL. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - TJ528 - 04-22-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM