Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone’s “happy” best case mock
(04-22-2021, 10:54 AM)phil413 Wrote: My concern is the mindset in the 2nd after taking Pitts without adding a pick.  Built backwards means the end product looks great because you look at ideal fits falling to later rounds, which justifies taking the guys you did in the first two.  It sounds great but as a plan it means things have to break perfectly for Cincy especially since they don't normally deal future picks to move up for a player....which they may have to do for both Green and Meinerz but that's my opinion, Green for sure. 

So as much as I love Marshall as the pick in the 2nd (have him in my only mock) it's as simple as this.  Can Cincy justify taking him in the 2nd if they haven't addressed either line in the draft?  Getting the remaining picks would be fortunate and great but I don't like planning for fortune.  If the Bengals did better in FA, I'd be fine with the picks. I don't like leaning toward need but it's a reality.

Ahhhhh I got you and yes The chips would all have to fall perfectly for this draft to happen. I’d prefer to go Sewell Marshall jr then either Meinerz in the third of best defensive end/edge rusher available...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone’s “happy” best case mock - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-22-2021, 11:46 AM