Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-22-2021, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point, I would put Eichenberg on the list of guys that fit the outside zone along with Spencer Brown.

Still like the way those power guys move. You never know...

If you are athletic enough to play in an outside zone is it possible for a classic power man IOL to play in it?

Yeah ideally you would like to get guys that are as big and powerful as possible while also having enough quickness to beat defenders to the spot.  The problem is that most of the guys that fit this mold never get out of the top 15 picks without some major red flags whether it be medical or off field issues.  Most olineman that get the "zone" title are smaller quicker guys where you have to worry if they would get bullied. Its hard to find dancing bears. I dont think carman, smith or cleveland have the movement skills that would work.  Smith did have a good 3 cone at proday but despite his very good 3 cone time I just dont see it on tape.  Hes gonna be a good guard in a power scheme just doesnt look to fit what we are trying to do.  Carman is the most intriguing of the bunch for me but 32.5" arms means he most likely will have play guard.  He didnt work out at pro day due to back injury and he held workout on the 15th but I didnt see any numbers posted it sounds like he just went through oline drills on the 15th.  He weighed in about 20 pounds lighter than listed playing weight but no way to know how his movement skills looked.  If he looked great after shedding that 20 lbs I wouldent hesitate to take him in rd 2.

There is one guy that I really like that we could get later in draft.  The issue with him is MAJOR red flags on this guy.   I would think this lineman most likely wont be on our draft board and for good reason.  Josh Ball OT Marshall got kicked out of fla st for beating up his girlfriend there was supposedly multiple incidents that lead to his dismissal.  I dont know if the guy has changed his life or not but I do think he has starting OT talent at the NFL level and could most likely be had in 4th round.  Personally I think hes better than most of the guys I see people talking about taking in rd 2.  Hopefully the guy has turned around his life and bengals have done homework on him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - mikey6866 - 04-22-2021, 10:18 PM