Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-16-2021, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not #TeamChase, but I am #TeamPitts, so I guess we can be clumped together as #TeamPassCatcher.

If we give the weather analogy to players, here's my weather forecast for each of the expected starters:
- Jonah Williams - Partly cloudy, could be sunny
- Trey Hopkins - Cloudy as a run blocker, sunny as a pass blocker
- Riley Reiff - Mix of sunny and partly cloudy, but not expected to stick around long term
- XSF and Spain - Cloudy with a chance to be partly cloudy (could just need more acclimation to this scheme)

In terms of the draft, Any first round OL I would expect to come in immediately as partly cloudy with a high chance of being sunny.
Any OL picked at 38 I would expect to come in cloudy to partly cloudy as a rookie, chance to become sunny down the road.
Any OL picked in Rd 3 I would expect to come in cloudy or maybe some scattered showers, chance to become partly cloudy down the road.
Any Day 3 pick I expect to be rainy early on but hopefully clear up more year-by-year.

I don't think the OL has to be fully sunny for the offense to succeed, but they need to mostly be at least partly cloudy. 1 or maybe 2 can be cloudy.

So basically, I think the Bengals will be fine with Williams and Reiff at OT, Hopkins at C, and one of Spain or XSF at one OG spot with a Day 2 draft pick holding down the other OG spot.
The Bengals also could use a replacement for Reiff set to take over in 2022, which I think can be done with a Day 2 pick who is groomed for a year.
Any Day 3 pick I would expect to be a pure backup this year and probably for an extra year (or two) beyond that.

This is awesome, and based on the absolutely freaky weather we have had around here, it is like Mother Nature decided to say to your post:  "It can be all those things, none of those things, and it can change from one game to the next".  Remember Bobby Hart's one excellent game?  

The other day, driving to Cincy (from Centerville) to have dinner with a friend, it was sunny and 49 degrees.  Didn't look to be much of any clouds in the sky.  When I got to the Pfeiffer Road exit, it started raining, and clouded up.   A minute later, it was sleeting.  A minute later, it was white death with next to no visibility.  I put the truck in AWD and slowed to a creep.  It accumulated appx an inch in five minutes.  I drove about a mile and the snow turned to sleet.  A minute later, the sleet turned to rain.  A minute later (I am not exaggerating, I was looking at the clock) it cleared up and had compete sun and clear skies.  It was the strangest 10 minutes of weather I have ever seen.  

I pictures some really big kid with a magnifying glass aimed at me.  It was literally a snowstorm that was about 3 miles wide.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - SHRacerX - 04-23-2021, 12:19 PM