Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects”
(04-23-2021, 03:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Their defense was so bad that the Bengals put a 30 burger on them with 3 or 4 new guys on the offensive line.  Jax might actually score some points this year, and they could get beat in a shootout with them.  Tannehill is Dalton.  They aren't going that far with him the way the team is assembled now.  The Texans are a train wreck, though.  Most vegas sportbooks have their over/under at 9.5 for the 2021 season with a 17 game schedule.  

Last year, the Titans started out 5-0, including a very solid win over Buffalo, but went 6-5 down the stretch with four of their wins coming against Chicago, Jacksonville, Houston, and Detroit.  I think once everyone got in shape post-covid, the Titans were not the stalwart they started out as and they also lost both their starting CBs, their #1 pass rusher, and their #1 WR. I think they are in trouble this year.  

I called it a cupcake division aside from Indy and I stand by that.  

They didn't lose their #1 WR, they lost their #2 WR.

AJ Brown had more targets, receptions, yards, and TDs than Corey Davis.
By all accounts, Davis was the WR2.
They signed Josh Reynolds, who probably will take Davis's spot as WR2 unless they draft someone. I would expect Reynolds to put up 700+ yards if he's the WR2.

As for pass rusher, they signed Bud Dupree, who was way more productive than Clowney.
They also signed Autry, who I expect to be a solid pass rusher opposite of Dupree.
I expect their pass rush to be better than last year.

Regarding CBs, yes they did lose Jackson and Butler, but they did sign Janoris Jenkins and will probably draft a guy in 1st or 2nd round to start opposite of him. Jackson was basically out all year last year, so the DBs will almost assuredly be better compared to last year.

Last, losing Lewan last year was a big hit to them. I expect their OL to be much better with Lewan back.

I think you are underestimating how good the Titans are still, but we'll see how the season plays out I guess.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects” - ochocincos - 04-23-2021, 03:30 PM