Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-23-2021, 03:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing in this debate I have found interesting is people who will argue that Reiff is a one-year stopgap, but then turn around and say if we don't draft a tackle Burrow will get killed this season, which are two somewhat conflicting positions. If we are simply talking about protecting Joe Burrow THIS YEAR, then a guard we get in the 2nd probably can give you a similar quality of play as moving Sewell to guard for a year. You can argue Sewell makes the line better long term, but this idea we need Sewell this year to keep Burrow from getting killed isn't actually based on sound logic.

Now we can get into flexibility for injury and such but you can't really predict injuries. If we are talking simply about the ability to protect Burrow this year I don't think there is a difference really between Sewell out of position and a day 2 guard. Even looking out to next year, there is nothing saying we can't find another veteran tackle next year to take over for Reiff. The veteran tackle market for instance still has legit starting tackle options if we were in the market right now.

On the other hand, the issue with the day 2 receivers is they skew more to slot players. I think if we are looking at year 1 total team production, Chase and a day 2 guard offers more production THIS YEAR than Sewell and a day 2 WR.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=19169494]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - Burma - 04-23-2021, 04:17 PM