Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects”
(04-23-2021, 06:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I assume they're still playing the Pro Bowl. Just didn't last year due to COVID travel.

Also, even "first ballot" Pro Bowl, I think I would still probably bet on Lawrence getting at least 1..... 
-Drew Brees retired.
-Philip Rivers retired.
-Aaron Rodgers is heading into his age 38 season.
-Ben Roethlisberger is heading into his age 39 season.
-Tom Brady is heading into his age 44 season.
-Deshaun Watson might be heading out of the league.

There's going to be a big changing of the guard in 1-3 years, and it's already started a bit. Right now the only young (or young-ish) Pro Bowl locks at QB are Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson. That's a whole lot of open ground for another QB to sneak in since there's 6 QBs chosen for the Pro Bowl each year.

Lot of truth here, but you didn't mention Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahommes, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford, and even our own Joe Burrow.  I think with the weapons Lawrence will have in Jax and their schedule has the AFC East (fairly good defenses all) and the NFC West (perhaps the only division as tough or tougher than the AFC North), I would be shocked if he somehow ended up in the initial top 6.  I think he will really struggle with NFL defenses.  Just my opinion and I know I am in the vast minority.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects” - SHRacerX - 04-24-2021, 12:11 PM