Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-24-2021, 01:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's fine to say we don't have a high quality option at RT next year and it should be addressed.  However, there's 7 rounds in the draft this year to take a guy to develop for a year before throwing him in the fire, there's also a loaded T FA class next year(Taylor Moton, Terron Armstead, Duane Brown, Charles Leno, Mike McGlinchy, Brandon Shell, Mike Remmers, Isaiah Wynn, Ryan Ramcyk, Orlando Brown) as well as next year's draft.  We have this draft to fill our need for a starting X WR and do not have the luxury of drafting a guy who may be a year away from being a starter.  Williams and Reiff are miles better as starters than Auden Tate or Mike Thomas.

You can't just write the season off before it starts, either.  What kind of HC do you think you're going to get when you fire Taylor after failing to provide him with the personnel to run his offense?

We can fill this draft with playmakers in rounds 2-7 as well.  The priority of keeping a great line in front of Burrow for some reason has taken a back seat - again.

Sure, we can bring in Tier 3 guys to play O-line, but we've seen how that works out.  At this point, I'd be happy with whoever we get.  But it just baffles me how during the season and even during last year's draft it was imperative to follow the blueprint to building around a franchise QB (protect him being priority #1) and the team ignored it.

My worry, is not that they take Chase at 5, but that they take a CB or Edge in round 2.  Then they take a DT in round 3.  And then we are right back where we started.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - Hammerstripes - 04-24-2021, 01:49 PM