Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-24-2021, 01:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's fine to say we don't have a high quality option at RT next year and it should be addressed.  However, there's 7 rounds in the draft this year to take a guy to develop for a year before throwing him in the fire, there's also a loaded T FA class next year(Taylor Moton, Terron Armstead, Duane Brown, Charles Leno, Mike McGlinchy, Brandon Shell, Mike Remmers, Isaiah Wynn, Ryan Ramcyk, Orlando Brown) as well as next year's draft.  We have this draft to fill our need for a starting X WR and do not have the luxury of drafting a guy who may be a year away from being a starter.  Williams and Reiff are miles better as starters than Auden Tate or Mike Thomas.

You can't just write the season off before it starts, either.  What kind of HC do you think you're going to get when you fire Taylor after failing to provide him with the personnel to run his offense?

I agree that we need WR as well as line help. I also agree there’s more line depth versus the type of reviver that we need. We can get greedy and try to kill 2 birds with one stone by trying to get the WR 1st and hit on lineman later. I fear the outcome of not hitting on lineman more than I do missing out on WR, which is getting Burrow hurt long term and short term. Percentage wise picks 5-7 don’t even make the roster /not impact players. We would be looking to hit on lineman in rounds 2-4 needing pass rush help too. We have no long term solution at RT, RG ,LG , in 2022, Hopkins is average coming off an ACL so we need to hit on multiple lineman in my opinion and if we don’t the Bengals deserve to get crucified. Far as free agency goes the Bengals haven’t shown there willing to overpay for a good lineman. Teams don’t usually let good young tackles go. The Chiefs aren’t giving up all those picks to let Brown walk, the Panthers and 49ers will try to keep Moton and McGlinchy to help project there young QBs. Browns is 35 years old , Remmers is 32 , Leno and Shell aren’t that good in my opinion. I think Ramcyk will hit the market Saints are in cap hell he’s an option I like just gotta bid for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - lone bengal - 04-24-2021, 04:05 PM