Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-24-2021, 05:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think you are right on Radunz needing time to develop but again people are saying we can wait till round 2 to get OL help and we don't need a tackle.. every one of those guys Leatherwood, Radunz, Eichenberg, and Jenkins are tackles. 

I'm just not sure why we are okay taking a round two tackle and flipping him to guard when it is taboo to do it in round one? 

I get the love for Meinerz and I share that love, he will be a good fit for us as he is a natural interior lineman, same with Trey Smith from Tennessee, or Green from Illinois (well sort of natural as he was a DL that was converted) but at least these are inside guys. 

If we need a tackle (Leatherwood, Radunz, etc) then take the best one, if you need guards and that is why we pass on Sewell, then don't take a tackle in round two. Humphrey, Meinerz, Cleveland,  Smith, those all make sense but pick 38 might be too soon for them?

The truth is that the Bengals should double down on OL, in two of the first 3 picks.  However, fantasy football has jaded so many to believe that the way to create a strong team is weapons, weapons, weapons.  The reality of the matter is that the team with all the good weapons lost the Superbowl, because their OL was weak that day, and couldn't protect their franchise QB..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - SunsetBengal - 04-24-2021, 05:43 PM