Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects”
(04-24-2021, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lot of truth here, but you didn't mention Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahommes, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford, and even our own Joe Burrow.  I think with the weapons Lawrence will have in Jax and their schedule has the AFC East (fairly good defenses all) and the NFC West (perhaps the only division as tough or tougher than the AFC North), I would be shocked if he somehow ended up in the initial top 6.  I think he will really struggle with NFL defenses.  Just my opinion and I know I am in the vast minority.  

Quote:Right now the only young (or young-ish) Pro Bowl locks at QB are Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson.
Joe

Lamar Jackson needs to get back to at least throwing over 200 yards a game, and his OL is dissolving around him.
Baker Mayfield has 0 Pro Bowls and is more hype because the Browns have a QB with a winning record more than actual stats.
Kyler Murray is still just so small. I am not sure I believe he'll stay healthy long enough to be a mainstay.
Josh Allen... I need to see him repeat before I buy in that 2020 is the real him now.
Matthew Stafford has 1 Pro Bowl in 12 years, and it was in 2014. He's more proof that Lawrence will get at least 1 than proof against it. Lol
Joe Burrow first thing first, needs to play an entire season and he needs to be above average in that season.

None of those guys fall into the same category of Brees/Rodgers/Brady of being perennial guys who are basically eating up slots before the season even really starts.

What Lawrence has in his favor is a mediocre division. The Carson Wentz Colts and the Tyrod Taylor Texans aren't exactly intimidating. The Titans are the only good team in that division right now, and even they had the 24th ranked scoring defense last year so even if Lawrence loses, he should lose with some big numbers.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next couple years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects” - TheLeonardLeap - 04-24-2021, 07:37 PM