Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-24-2021, 09:23 PM)Burma Wrote: They have earned themselves that luxury through having a solid team building approach.  The Cheifs could have easily chased Kenny Golladay or some other flashy toy for Mahomes and relied on finding these "starting offensive linemen in the 2nd and 3rd round" we keep hearing about. Instead they took the approach of rebuilding a weakness that cost them a championship instead of fortifying a strength.  

They earned that luxury having the best QB in the NFL and arguably the best coach in the NFL to put that QB in position to win. The reason they've built so well is finding value in the draft, which is what smart teams do, and when you're close, you attack the positions of weakness. 

The Bengals are not close, so I would argue that the comparison between the two is kind of apples and oranges. 

At this point, I feel like you should draft whoever is higher on your board and accumulate talent. If that's Chase or Sewell or even Pitts, so be it. I'm of the opinion that it's harder to find a true number one later on if you get lucky, but I get the Sewell argument too. At this point, I'm just ready for the draft because I think most people won't be able to really formulate a full opinion until we see what our entire draft looks like. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - PikesPeakUC - 04-24-2021, 11:06 PM