Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-25-2021, 02:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: One thing you touched on that's way different than most NFL teams operate is KC is not afraid of trading away draft picks, while most GM's cling to them.  One thing I've been screaming all off-season is that the Saints are in cap hell and both their starting T's are FA's next year, so they're practically guaranteed to lose one. Make a strong offer for Ryan Ramcyk. Maybe not before the draft if you're going Pitts or Chase so as not to show your hand, but after you turn in the card, get them on the phone and offer next year's 1st for him.  

The other thing about KC's offense is it's pretty much built around Hill and Kelce and they supplement it with the supporting cast.  And they get speed for their WR corps.  They have 3 WR's on that offense that run sub 4.4.  When you have 2 elite weapons like Hill and Kelce and surround them with guys that are not necessarily great, but can take it to the house any time you forget about them, it makes for a very dangerous offense.  They get huge chunk plays, which lessens Mahomes' exposure to the pass rush vs an offense like ours where Burrow has to get 5-6 1st downs before getting it in the end zone.  

Make this pretty simple when these three things come together below this could maybe be a conversation until then lets operate with the reality we faced which I put clear and straight forward in my previous post about the possible starting unit THIS YEAR on opening day or shortly there after because we are not near KC and if we don;t keep Burrow healthy we will never not even have a chance on that roadmap.

A.  When Burrow shows he is as great as Mahomes, we can discuss Oline philosophy 
B.  When the majority of other teams have a QB like Mahomes and follow what KC is doing
C.  When Mahomes has a injury like Burrow and lets see if KC continues down what they are doing
PS:  They did just trade for a top end tackle... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - Essex Johnson - 04-25-2021, 09:59 AM