Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-25-2021, 03:19 AM)Burma Wrote: Oh, I missed that medical combine news.  That really stinks for him. I know he had been pegged for Baltimore in the 1st for quite awhile, wondering if they or other WR needy teams will pass on him twice or even 3 times.  I couldn't find any details on the severity in my limited searching so no clue if he messed his foot or leg up again.

I don;t see it as serious as some make out since he only missed three weeks in 2019 and the other injury was out of HS.. how he has performed since 2019 injury and his excellent pro day.. I hope he does slide and Bengals take him.  Most teams unless they have no scout staff totally knew about the minor injury in 2019 (out 3 weeks with surgery is minor) and some of a H.S. injury which obviously did not deter LSU from signing him.  With that said, no way he would have been discussed in 1st/2nd round since the word would have been out this was a major concern. 

If it would have happen this season and we had no tape on him after recovery yep he would not be taken in 2nd round but his production and pro day makes that less of a concern.. we see this every year in the draft and since so many college players also have injury history (lets not forget most have been playing football for over 10 years) unless it is recent or inhibits them in workouts it does not hurt their draft prospect that much. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - Essex Johnson - 04-25-2021, 10:14 AM