Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-24-2021, 01:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My personal opinion is that you always make sure that you have a line in front of a franchise QB.  We don't have that and there is a guy  at 5 that would seriously upgrade that.

I also feel that there is a major drop-off between Sewell and tier 3 guys.  I put Slater and Sewell in tier 1, Darrisaw in Tier 2, and the rest of the fringe round 1/2 in tier 3.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you believe if they get an OT in Rd 2 and a G in Rd 3, that they still haven't made sure they "have a line"?

It seems so extreme with the pro-Sewell crowd that if you don't take him, you are ignoring the need.  

They would likely have something like this opening day:

Jonah in year 2 at LT
XSF/Spain at LG, quality depth if one goes down, and both of their natural position.
Hopkins/Price at C
Likely 2nd round draft pick (developmental RT prospect or Reiff with pick staying outside)
Riley Reiff at RT

You have Akeem Adeniji as the first tackle off the bench.  You would likely have a 3rd round selection as the backup RG with a year to ease in to the position.  

I know a lot will depend on the quality of the 2nd and 3rd round selections, but I simply don't see this option as not having "a line".  I think it will be pretty solid, and even better with Pollack.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - SHRacerX - 04-25-2021, 12:07 PM