Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade pick 5 if it meant losing your guy
(04-25-2021, 03:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, that's why I can't buy into the generational takes with Chase.  Because I view Smith as just as good of a player.  I've never seen a guy dominate a big time game like he did in the NC.

I was actually just thinking about Smith as just as good of a pick as Chase this morning but then thought "what if Burrow really wants Chase and wasn't just saying that because his friend wanted him to so he could be drafted a few spots higher and make more money?"

Do we really want to upset our franchise quarterback or his Burrow so mature that he wouldn't care?  Is he so young that it's impossible to take emotion out of it and it would always be in the back of his head?

That's not a knock against Burrow, it's just something that happens subconsciously.  

I'd do it in a heartbeat if we can their first round and then maybe one or two more in the second or third because there's a few positions early that we could really use.

In my newest mock, I just took defense end out of my third round pick and took Freiermuth, but we need d-line help, so I'd love to get both because, for the reasons I list in the mock, I think Freiermuth would make our offense unstoppable with a guy like Chase or Smith, along with Mixon keeping defenses honest.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade pick 5 if it meant losing your guy - BFritz21 - 04-25-2021, 04:13 PM