Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question about OL talent in round 2.
(04-25-2021, 12:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you believe if they get an OT in Rd 2 and a G in Rd 3, that they still haven't made sure they "have a line"?

It seems so extreme with the pro-Sewell crowd that if you don't take him, you are ignoring the need.  

They would likely have something like this opening day:

Jonah in year 2 at LT
XSF/Spain at LG, quality depth if one goes down, and both of their natural position.
Hopkins/Price at C
Likely 2nd round draft pick (developmental RT prospect or Reiff with pick staying outside)
Riley Reiff at RT

You have Akeem Adeniji as the first tackle off the bench.  You would likely have a 3rd round selection as the backup RG with a year to ease in to the position.  

I know a lot will depend on the quality of the 2nd and 3rd round selections, but I simply don't see this option as not having "a line".  I think it will be pretty solid, and even better with Pollack.  
I think if they take Chase it's not that they'll be ignoring the Oline but I just think it's the bigger need for the team. I think they definitely can upgrade the line in RDs 2 & 3 but it's just more of a risk because there could be a run on OL and the bengals could find themselves having to reach down the board to grab one. I don't think they'd ignore it in both rds but easily could in one of them to grab a DE that has fallen. 

I do think Pollack will make a big difference especially in the running game. I've watched alot of football but I am no expert on the offensive line blocking schemes. But when we first drafted Mixon I didn't like his production/running style. Then the last few games he really came on and that continued thru his 2nd season. Then Taylor came in and I thought he had the blueprint to run the ball atleast but I was shocked how bad our run game was the first 8 games of his first season. One game in particular Mixon had 20yds rushing. Then the last game 8 games something changed and he was 2nd in rushing only behind Derrick Henry. Then this past year outside of the Jacksonville game we were terrible again. Then he got injured of course. I just wonder if Mixon thrives behind a certain type of blocking scheme but Turner didn't want to run that because it wasn't his preferred scheme. Not sure if anyone else noticed this?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question about OL talent in round 2. - NUGDUKWE - 04-25-2021, 04:20 PM