Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Last time we followed Joe Burrow's advice on a WR
(04-25-2021, 03:46 PM)tms Wrote: You guys can tell me to shut up whenever you want, no worries.  Tongue

This thread is admittedly a reach. I don't think Burrow told them to do anything with AJ one way or the other. But I think the question is still valid: would you listen to him if he did? Not about Green, specifically, but more about this draft. If Burrow told you to take Chase, would you listen?

Honestly, I see it both ways. You don't want your 2nd-year quarterback calling the shots, but you do want to keep him happy.

The question is even more compelling when it comes to Taylor. If his basis for going Chase is because he's under the gun and couldn't care less for long-term impact, how much influence would you grant him in the War Room? Not saying that he would be putting it in those terms ("Look guys, my job's on the line. I need highlights right now, to hell with the future" lol). But if you suspect that that's his rationale, would it change how seriously you take his opinion?

It's a fascinating dynamic imo. I don't know what I would do. I've seen so many people justify their mocks by saying that X player fits Zac's system to a tee. But if Zac might be on the way out, how much of this (very important) draft are you willing to sacrifice for him?

It's a very long stretch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last time we followed Joe Burrow's advice on a WR - bengalfan74 - 04-25-2021, 04:31 PM