Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 08:10 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The Bucs did but like I said I think things were boarderline about to get ugly there. There were mulitple games Evans wasn't getting the kind of targets Mike Evans should get.

The Vikings no Theilen and Jefferson.

The Falcons no Julio and Ridley.

I want to say yes to the Cowboys but that whole situation is still new and I'm not sure how that will work out. Also I looked up Micheal Gallup because I knew he was a free agent. Did you know he signed a 4 year $3.5mil dollar deal. Talk about bargain basement deal. Where were we at on this the Bengals could have totally sweetend that pot.

Are you saying you don't think they have better WR corps?

Julio Jones has 5 seasons of 1,400+ yards, has an 1,800 yard season to his name, and is either the 1st or 2nd best WR in the league. Ridley is coming off a 1,374 yard season, and their #3 Russel Gage is coming off a 786 yard season. That is clearly a better trio than Boyd (0 1,100+ yd seasons), Higgins (0 1,000+ yd seasons), and rookie Chase.

Jefferson just put up 1,400 yards as a rookie and Theinlen has 2 1,200+ yd seasons to his name and even with his down year, he still had 14 TDs last season. Admittedly their #3 is a whole lot weaker, but their 1-2 has significantly more proven high ceiling NFL play.

Gallup wasn't a free agent. He is still on his 3rd round rookie contract.  Also, the Cowboys I think would basically be on par with Chase/Boyd/Higgins. I was just adding them on the list because theirs is based on proven numbers rather than hopeful numbers with Chase. In a tie, go for the proven sort of deal. Lamb and Higgins basically wash as 900 yard rookies, Gallup and Boyd more or less wash as guys coming off 800 yard seasons with a 1,000 yard season before that, which leaves Cooper as a 1,100 yard type receiver to more or less wash with Chase's potential.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - TheLeonardLeap - 04-26-2021, 09:27 AM