Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 09:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Are you saying you don't think they have better WR corps?

Julio Jones has 5 seasons of 1,400+ yards, has an 1,800 yard season to his name, and is either the 1st or 2nd best WR in the league. Ridley is coming off a 1,374 yard season, and their #3 Russel Gage is coming off a 786 yard season. That is clearly a better trio than Boyd (0 1,100+ yd seasons), Higgins (0 1,000+ yd seasons), and rookie Chase.

Jefferson just put up 1,400 yards as a rookie and Theinlen has 2 1,200+ yd seasons to his name and even with his down year, he still had 14 TDs last season. Admittedly their #3 is a whole lot weaker, but their 1-2 has significantly more proven high ceiling NFL play.

Gallup wasn't a free agent. He is still on his 3rd round rookie contract.  Also, the Cowboys I think would basically be on par with Chase/Boyd/Higgins. I was just adding them on the list because theirs is based on proven numbers rather than hopeful numbers with Chase. In a tie, go for the proven sort of deal. Lamb and Higgins basically wash as 900 yard rookies, Gallup and Boyd more or less wash as guys coming off 800 yard seasons with a 1,000 yard season before that, which leaves Cooper as a 1,100 yard type receiver to more or less wash with Chase's potential.
Gallup just signed that contract this year I believe I could mistaken. He's a guy I would've targeted in free agency. 

I'm not trying to argue that Boyd and Higgins are better than Theilen and Jefferson or Julio and Ridley just that the roles/hierarchy on the teams are defined. Russell Gage knows he's the 3rd wide receiver.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - NUGDUKWE - 04-26-2021, 09:39 AM