Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 10:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhh.... JuJu hasn't done shit since he had to start facing #1 CBs once Antonio Brown left Pittsburgh and stopped requiring the #1 CB + another guy (or sometimes 2) helping. Last year he had 8.6 yards per catch. Seriously. That's almost as bad as 37-year-old Larry Fitzgerald numbers. That's 0.1 yard less than Drew Sample for crying out loud.

Claypool is a good WR, but I think he's basically on par with Higgins.

Diontae Johnson can't catch. He had 13 drops last year, which is pretty damn awful and doubly so when it's a 10-11 yard per catch kind of guy. You can forgive a little bit of bad hands from a deep threat/homerun guy, but you can't be a 10 yard guy AND have bad hands.

You seem to be nitpicking them, even though Diontae Johnson still had 923-7, Claypool had 873-9, and JJSS had 831-9.
All of those numbers are good for a high-end WR2.
If the Bengals had 3 WRs who had 800+ yards and 7+ TDs, we'd be ecstatic.

Is JJSS a WR1? No. He's a WR2.
Is Diontae Johnson a WR1? No. He's a WR2.
Claypool might be the one who gets to the WR1 echelon. He was the WR3 in that offense last year, but I see him getting more opportunities this year. He may be on the same tier as Higgins, but I think Higgins is a low-end WR1. I would expect Chase to be better than them all. If not, he shouldn't be the selection at 5.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - ochocincos - 04-26-2021, 10:32 AM