Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Julio trade rumors put Chase in play for #4?
(04-26-2021, 10:51 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Atlanta-Falcons-Julio-Jones-trade-Matt-Ryan-NFL-Draft-2021-164673301/?fbclid=IwAR1CCwg6xuFni_o0Nepr9VupgIvu_FmBG9B5zgz9pXOPq89VAbiOYKv7HHo

Either way we need to be prepared for Chase to be gone at 5 since he is a top 3 BPA.

This cracks me up!  Yesterday I posted

Quote:Don't forget Calvin Ridley's contract is up after 2021 and the 5th year option would cost over $11 mill.  Julio Jones just signed that 3 yr $66 mill deal which isn't up till 2023 and cuting him would be a $17 mill cap hit after 2021.  It's possible they may look at Chase as a replacement for Ridley if they feel they can't afford Ridley and Jones. Probably unlikely, but possible.

It appears I was wrong on which WR the Falcons may move on from!  With the doubts swirling around Matt Ryan's future I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons take Chase knowing that when they get their new QB down the road he has Ridley and Chase ready to prop him up. Assuming they go chase and some Oline picks later in the draft they could really ease that transition for a new QB.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Julio trade rumors put Chase in play for #4? - Burma - 04-26-2021, 11:15 AM