Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 04:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I compared having two real weapons and a bunch of nothing after it... so yes. 

I don't think Higgins or Boyd are on the level of Hill or Kelce but at the same time, having just two guys and a bunch of nothing else is exactly what the Chiefs have... and it that really an elite group when an injury limits you to one guy?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason their 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers don't put up bigger numbers is because their top 2 weapons are that good and eat up a ton of targets?

Also, if you look at the numbers from their #3, #4, and #5 WR's it sould tell you they really spread around the usage.  It's rare you'll see a all 3 get over 400 yards.  For example, our 4 and 5 this year were Tate and Erikson, who finished with 150 and and 139.

I don't think it's fair at all to call someone like Mercole Hardman "nothing".  He was a 2nd round pick in 2019 and he has 1,098 yards and 10 TD's (549 yards and 5 TD's average) in his first two years, joining a team that is STACKED at the top.  I don't think it's at all unrealistic to think if he joined a different team (Ex: The Niners, Jets, Dolphins, Giants, etc.) he'd be at least an 800+ yard guy.

I'd love to have Hardman on this team.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - Wes Mantooth - 04-26-2021, 04:52 PM