Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 04:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason their 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers don't put up bigger numbers is because their top 2 weapons are that good and eat up a ton of targets?

Also, if you look at the numbers from their #3, #4, and #5 WR's it sould tell you they really spread around the usage.  It's rare you'll see a all 3 get over 400 yards.  For example, our 4 and 5 this year were Tate and Erikson, who finished with 150 and and 139.

I don't think it's fair at all to call someone like Mercole Hardman "nothing".  He was a 2nd round pick in 2019 and he has 1,098 yards and 10 TD's (549 yards and 5 TD's average) in his first two years, joining a team that is STACKED at the top.  I don't think it's at all unrealistic to think if he joined a different team (Ex: The Niners, Jets, Dolphins, Giants, etc.) he'd be at least an 800+ yard guy.

I'd love to have Hardman on this team.  

So again... better coaching and better play calling and better scouting since all the people you are pimping in this elite group are 2nd, 5th and 2nd rounders....

As for Hardman, his yards were 20 better then a broken down Green.

We had no passing attack worth mentioning once Burrow went down (with the exception of one great game by Allen). So yeah I'm not surprised our 4th, 5th and 6th targets had next to no yards. 

Week 12 136 yards passing
Week 13 153 yards passing
Week 14 217 yards passing
Week 16 371 yards (great game)
Week 17 48 yards passing... 48 ***** yards.

And Finley never went over 100 yards passing in any game.

So before we start creaming our pants over the numbers of their 3rd, 4th, 8th options how about some real hard facts.

1) Our QB was gone after Washington and all the passing numbers fell off. So their guys having more "numbers" isn't a surprise.
2) Mahomes is better then Burrow. (Currently before the Burrow boys freak out.)
3) Reid is better then Taylor.
4) Bieniemy is better then Brian Callahan.

We have no idea how good Tee Higgins can actually be, he was on a steady rise up each week with Burrow and went off the rails just like the offense did after Burrow gets hurt.

I honestly believe Tee will be Top 15 possibly top 10 in receiving yards this season if they give him the chance and aren't forcing targets to a certain WR like they did with Green.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - Murdock2420 - 04-26-2021, 05:09 PM