Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 05:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, I see what this is now.

Since the conversation has now magically shifted to draft position it's clear this is about nothing more than drafting Sewell.

Why didn't you just say that instead of looking for lazy examples to justify the pick in a roundabout way?

You said (implied) two things:  1.) Higgins and Boyd are comprable to Hill and Kelce. and 2.) The Chiefs have nothing else after them.

Both of those are stupid opinions.  I'm sorry, but they are.  And I never once said anything about draft position.  I never said anything about us drafting Chase.  I just replied to what was written (the above). 

If you're looking to have that conversation please look anywhere else.  I'm draft'd out.  I'm to the point where i just want to get over with.  I'm so God damn tired of every single conversation (often disguised as something else) revolving around a singular draft pick.

Forgive me for walking into a conversation that was presented to be about the quality of the Chiefs top 2 WR's actually being about the stupidity of using a 1st round on a WR in 2021.  Had I known that I would have never replied.

Funny.. I only mentioned the draft once guess the rest of what I said makes total sense like the clear advantages in KC when it comes to QB play, and coaching and play calling.

Just for fun since you were stunned I compared Higgins to Hill. I went and pulled up their 2020 numbers.

Hill 135 targets, 87 recs, 1276 yards

Higgins 108 targets, 67 targets, 908 yards

So let's give Higgins the #1 WR targets and receptions. 30 more targets and 20 more receptions and they are the same (3 extra targets for Tee).

take his average, 13.6 yards per reception and apply it to 20 catches. That is 272 more yards. 908 + 272 = 1180 which would have been 12th in the league ahead of Brandin Cooks.

You jumped in on a reply that was directed at someone else, and I stand by my statement. KC has two real weapons. They are very high end weapons, but that's what they have. We have Boyd who is a really good weapon not sure he'll ever be "elite" but you could do a lot worse for a 2nd target, and Higgins who literally can develop into a top tier WR. Which means, we'd be also have to real weapons.

Again, this fanbase wants to sell Higgins short and I just don't get why.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - Murdock2420 - 04-26-2021, 05:51 PM