Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rounds 1-5 Predictive Draft: Bengals
(04-26-2021, 06:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What is your view on Davis?  Seemed less effect at pass pro then I hoped.  But I would be okay with IOL early.  I just think it is not enough.  We shall see.  

Wyatt Davis is probably the best pure Offensive Guard in the draft class. He has great height size and length for the position matched with solid athleticism allows him to match any scheme in the NFL. Highly recruiting going into college and after his Sophmore year was considered a lock in the top 15 (should have opted out). In 2019 he was the easily the best guard in college football and never lost a 1 on 1 matchup in pass pro while being an elite run blocker. In 2020 a knee injury he played through caused him to slide but he still put up solid tape in a Covid19 and injured year. His biggest weakness is awareness recognizing stunts up front which was the only time he ever gave up pressure on the QB.

His draft projection right now reminds me of Frank Ragnow who was injured and didnt get to do stuff in the offseason but was healthy by Draft Time and went first round. I have a high second round grade on him and I expect he is getting alot more love from teams that he is by the media.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rounds 1-5 Predictive Draft: Bengals - Synric - 04-26-2021, 06:35 PM