Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Julio trade rumors put Chase in play for #4?
(04-26-2021, 03:56 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I really believe that Atlanta is going to go hard to trade Julio Jones and then select Chase with the #4 pick.  I am a Chase fan.  I will be OK with Sewell if selected but I will be on pins and needles waiting on that #4 pick just as much as #5.

Looks like any move would be after June 1st and IF they chose Chase at #4 they would lose a lot of leverage because teams would know they are more eager to trade him with his replacement already on the team. Plus at his age he is just not worth a 2nd rounder imo.

Quote:There’s one extra fact that underscores the team’s apparent urgency to make a deal: Jones’ salary for 2021 is fully guaranteed. As a result, the Falcons can’t cut him without owing him the difference between $15.3 million and whatever he gets elsewhere. (I threw a dart suggesting he’d potentially be cut during PFT Live without checking the duration of the guarantees.) Thus, their only way out from under the contract is to trade him, with a post-June 1 move being the only way to work it out this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Julio trade rumors put Chase in play for #4? - Memphis_Bengal - 04-26-2021, 06:41 PM