Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 05:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I admit to not be being the most knowledgeable on the schematics of the game of football and if someone asked me what 11 personnel was I wouldn't have been able to explain it. I know that our offense wants to run multiple WR sets. I also think its safe to assume that anyone on these boards or who watches football by choice knows what "empty" means. You did make some good points that Tyler Boyd and Higgins don't strike me as "Me Guys" and I agree that Boyd is excellent and Higgins showed alot of potential.

But I refuse to characterize Dunlap as a "Me Guy". He's a professional athlete who put in a ton of work and played here for 10 years. Anyone who gets demoted at work would be upset but to put the kind of work that these guys put in for again 10 years and have the coaches not even have the gull to sit down with you and let you know whats going on is ridiculous. I just can't understand how fans can be so quick to write someone off over a coaching staff. A coaching staff that has literally done nothing but be so terrible they get the #1 pick in the draft. Then immediately turn around and try and get said #1 pick killed with they're play calling. I think if Dunlap hadn't got upset it would've spoke more about his character than the other way around.

On Dunlap... Dave Lapham & Dan Hoard absolutely gutted him on their podcast after he was kicked out of town. Kind of spilled the beans. I also know someone in the org who absolutely rolls their eyes at the mention of Carlos. A lot of behind close doors BS from that guy. Which is sad, because he was awesome his first few years in Cincy... but Marvin put up with stuff the current staff doesn't... and so it goes.

Lapham & Hoard discussed an interview before this last season. Carlos was asked by them how he's lasted so long in this league and stayed healthy. His answer: "I make business decisions off the field with my body and I make business decisions on the field".... Meaning: He's looking out for himself on physical plays. He's not out there sticking his nose in the pile. Lapham, post trade, absolutely KILLED him for it. He roasted him.

They said EVERYONE knew what he meant by that and that the coaches heard it and were furious that that was how he looked at it.

This was in the The Bengals Booth Podcast Episode: Kiss And Say Goodbye, but has since been edited out.

In another podcast, if I recall correctly, they discussed how Carlos just wanted sacks and would leave his lane/gap all the time just trying to run around the OT. This caused major issues in the run defense, but he didn'tcare because he was making business decisions on the field for himself and trying to not get hurt by playing the run or getting in a pile. Carlos got benched because he refused to play within the defense and do his job and the coaches said enough was enough.... Dunlap then flipped out, posted depth chart stuff on IG, tried to fight his coach, etc etc. Carlos was interested in Carlos and that was that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - PDub80 - 04-26-2021, 07:46 PM