Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS takes up major 2A case
(04-26-2021, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The pro 2A justices have done some mental gymnastics to determine that "regulated" really means "unregulated" and that in order to have a strong militia people have to be allowed to carry their guns out in public when not doing anything even closely connected to being in a militia.

They call themselves "constructionists" yet they insist that we ignore the clear language that ties gun ownership to being a part of a militia.

What really cracks me up is when they claim that authors of the Constitution wanted to protect citizens ability to commit treason at the same time they made treason punishable by death.

Yeah, I have to admit that when these conservatives jurists call themselves textualists or constructionists I cringe. Hard. Not only are they absolutely not what they claim to be, but it is absolutely ridiculous to apply that standard of interpretation to the law. I know that these jurists know this, too, but it plays well to the base.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS takes up major 2A case - Au165 - 04-26-2021, 12:44 PM
RE: SCOTUS takes up major 2A case - Au165 - 04-26-2021, 03:44 PM
RE: SCOTUS takes up major 2A case - Au165 - 04-26-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: SCOTUS takes up major 2A case - yang - 05-03-2021, 01:08 PM
RE: SCOTUS takes up major 2A case - Belsnickel - 04-26-2021, 07:55 PM