Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-26-2021, 01:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Funny nobody has mentioned how the 2-SB teams
Last year had great to elite recieving cores.
I think these days your WR/TEs as a whole have
To be great to elite in order to be a great to elite team.

Only if you look at last year, and only if you look at the Super Bowl teams is this true. Even then, KC has one elite WR...unless you're arguing we should take Kyle Pitts as our Kelce. Tampa has Tom Brady...who also went the SB very recently with no elite weapons.

(04-26-2021, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think our WR corps could be looking good, sure...but when was the last time we went into a season without a thread wondering how anyone could ever stop our WRs?  It's always a fun time.

2010 with TO, Chad, Shipley and Gresh? That said, we couldn't run block (32nd in YPC) or play defense to save our lives that year.

Or maybe 2015 with AJ, Marvin Jones, Sanu and Eifert? That said, I thought we only needed all those weapons cuz' Dalton sucked so bad.

Now we need weapons just cuz.

(04-26-2021, 06:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think this is in your head.  I haven't seen anyone say anything to indicate they're really down on Tee Higgins.

Who are these people you are talking about?  What did they say exactly?

People have said he has no shot at being a WR1. His ceiling is a #2. He gets no separation. I've seen him compared to Mo Sanu. Someone in this thread said he'd be a 400 yard guy with KC. Etc. That's just over the last couple days.

Kinda harsh considering the season he just had and being a young guy (obviously).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - Shake n Blake - 04-26-2021, 08:10 PM