Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-27-2021, 02:06 AM)jason Wrote: I'd honestly forgotten a lot of the details with the Lap/ Gresham incident myself. That was almost 7 years ago. I just looked it all back up. It happened mid December, and Gresham was dealing with a toe injury. Marvin Lewis at one point referred to it as painful but not debilitating. Lapham makes his comments about Jermaine not suiting up ( they were in the midst of a stretch where they really had to finish hard to make the playoffs) Lapham and Gresham have words from a distance on the air during the post game show. In March of 2015 (basically 90 days later) Gresham had surgery for a herniated disc in his back.

I guess Gresham could've possibly hurt his back off the field doing whatever between mid December and March, but it seems to me there's a pretty good chance that was a factor when he sat that mid December game out. Anybody with a bad back will testify.

All in all, I just remember thinking it was weak when Lapham spouted off like that on Gresham. The guy was hurt and couldn't go that day.

Sounds accurate. Marv thought Gresh was milking the injury, Lap went off of Marv's word and said something, Gresh was sensitive and came at Lap about it. Then it turned out he had a herniated disk.

Like I said, Lap was just parroting what he heard. We as fans should be happy for the info. If anyone was wrong, it was Marvin. Or the team doctors not figuring out the herniated disc problem until later. Or maybe Gresh tried to conceal the injury because he was in a contract year. Hard telling.

Messy situation, but I can't look at all that and be too mad at Lap. He was just siding with the team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2021, 02:16 AM