Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-26-2021, 09:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This idea that the Fox New's of the world are so much worse than the "mainstream media" when it comes to this is pretty ridiculous.

I would argue withh confidence that FOX or Breitbart etc. do cross some borders the mainstream media would not cross and are worse in that sense.

Eg. CNN would not let Biden phone in and ramble incoherent nonsense for hours, they would not commit to be completely uncritical of him in any case, they would not promote a lie about a stolen election. No one there would claim as a fact that Biden or Obama or whoever is the best president ever and that no one has this amount of stamina or ever worked that hard etc.

If Biden said he fell in love with kim or how China admires his very very large aaah-brain [and so on], there would be voices of concern being heard on the MSM. On FOX, not so much.

(04-26-2021, 09:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You must not have been paying attention to the months of coverage on Russian collusion,  or Putin putting bounties on US soldiers, or President Trump getting urinated on in a Russian hotel.  I also question their story of an unnamed source claiming that "Trump called US soldiers losers" that got picked up by every single major outlet.  They all couldn't wait to run with it, with absolutely no verification and with the story initially being ran by a lesser outlet. That didn't stop it from becoming fact though.

All these points have some merit, but when it comes to Russia for example, there are just some facts like Russia indeed making quite an effort to influence elections and to manipulate and distort news, Trump indeed did lie about that matter, Trump indeed had a campaign chairman that gave away information to russian oligarchs so they can aim their efforts better, there was an actual special councel that did write a not so flattering report, Trup did stand in Helsinki and defend Putin and take him up on ridiculous offers, etc etc, which is all newsworthy in principle.
The peeing hooker story, I feel, soon was not covered by major outlets at all. Late night hosts and the right wing media were the ones that kept bringing it up.
The "loser" thing, yeah, I can see that point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - hollodero - 04-27-2021, 05:29 AM