Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-27-2021, 01:38 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I have found Reddit in general to be very left leaning. Being a nerd into comics, games, and the such most of my friends and online community are very left leaning as well. 

I'm sure there's a subreddit that's specific for conservatives though, but in the general politics subs extremely liberal.

There's more than a subreddit that's conservative. It's obvious I'm a pro-2A progressive, and I like looking at all of the fun firearms found in the various and sundry gun related subreddits, to include r/gunmemes. I don't open the image posts in most of them because it's a 100% guarantee to be predominantly right-wing rhetoric. I don't even have to open the thread to get it on r/gunmemes most of the time. And on some occasions when I have gone into the replies, whoa nelly if I haven't found some of the stereotypical dog whistling. I mean, it's no surprise that this occurs in those subs and it's why we have lefty friendly ones. This isn't even getting into the actual right-wing politics subreddits, of which there are many, and the many other subs out there on topics like men's rights and what not.

So yeah, there are many left-leaning corners of reddit, but it all depends on your interests how often you interact with the right-leaning side. Because my interests are outdoors things like bushcraft, camping, hunting, fishing, shooting, etc., I tend to run into the rightwing side a lot more.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - Belsnickel - 04-27-2021, 06:56 AM