Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-27-2021, 10:18 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's the frustrating thing with many left leaning types.  They are so hyper focused on what's being done at Fox/Breitbart they completely ignore anything similar occurring on the sites they frequent.  If you do bring it up then you'll inevitably get lambasted as a Fox viewer who's been brainwashed, as someone who lives in an echo chamber, or both.  Those two allegations are so predictable you can set your watch to them.  

I think what more people need to understand is that for most of these media organizations, the MSM types, their bias isn't so much left v. right as it is a corporate bias. A bias towards the almighty dollar. They have an audience, they know what that audience wants, they have advertisers that want to pay to reach that audience, so they will cater their content towards that. I rely on the wire services for this reason. The places like Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc. are selling you, the consumer. The consumer is their commodity that they are selling to advertisers, just like social media sites, i.e. Facebook. But that's not the model of the wire services (or public media, for that matter). This isn't to say there isn't some bias, there, but it is far less and the reporting is much more fact based.

The news being about making money is the problem with it all. Just my two cents.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - Belsnickel - 04-27-2021, 10:33 AM