Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
Before the Skins game when Burrow got hurt Higgins was averaging 67 ypg and Boyd was averaging 69 ypg. Both of them were on pace to get close to or beyond 1100 total yards, and Higgins was getting better every game until Burrow went down. After Burrow got hurt starting with the Skins game, Higgins averaged 43 ypg and Boyd averaged 30 ypg. Big difference.

Bottom line, we have 2 pro bowl level WR's on the team who were both on pace to get over 1000 before Burrow got hurt and one was a rookie. Add to that how many sacks Burrow had while he was playing and those are exceptional numbers. I personally think Auden Tate can be at least as productive if not more than AJ Green was last year if given the chance. He is no Green in Green's prime, but he can be a very solid WR and red zone threat.

Chase would put the WR core in position to be one of the best in the NFL within the next year or 2 no doubt but do we really need that is the biggest question in my mind. If we can get Mixon to being a 1200+ yard RB it would be more helpful than having the best 3 WR tandem in the NFL in my opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - bengaloo - 04-27-2021, 10:47 AM