Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you hit your panic button this draft?
Panic button - Anyone other than Sewell/Chase/Pitts at 5, or trading back so we miss out on one of these three.

Most excited - When we traded up to draft KiJana 1OA; I thought he was going to be the greatest RB ever to play the game (ended my NFL scouting career then and there ...). Honorable mention to when Burfict wasn't drafted and we signed him in FA -- I had been screaming for him in 5, 6, and 7.

Most disappointed - It used to be the annual post-draft announcement that all first-round picks had been signed except for the Bengals' pick, who was the lone holdout ... but the rookie wage scale fixed that. Now it's recurring scenario when the Bengals announce a pick and all the announcers look at each other and say "Who?" Followed by no video highlights and the inevitable "I had him mocked 4 rounds later" or "I didn't even have him listed as a draftable player" and trying to make up something about a player they know nothing about ... E.g., Simpson, Drew Sample, James Wright, Sean Brewer, Dashaun Davis, Freddy Brown, Steve Shine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When do you hit your panic button this draft? - shanebo - 04-27-2021, 11:00 AM