Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-27-2021, 10:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I know this is a "WR" thread, but people have brought up Lapham...

I lived in Colorado for awhile and there was this sports talk show hosted by  two dudes named D-Mac & Big Al (Big Al being former Bengals player Alfred Williams); Mark Schlereth was also part of the show for awhile. D-Mac and Big Al were a hilarious pairing and their show was top-notch. They'd frequently play Bengals-homer sound bits of Lapham not even calling plays, but just randomly cheering, screaming, and grunting during a big on the field moment for the Bengals. It was pretty funny how long they kept the "make fun of Lapham" bit up. I appreciated the humor even more since I was in the know as a Bengals fan.

Big Al was a great listen. Every once in awhile he'd talk about the Bengals ownership being cheap and how he was a bad player because the Bengals never had NFL quality coaches to coach him up.

(04-27-2021, 10:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Lapham and Hoard are a duo straight out of a comedy skit.  The pencil necked geek attempting to call the action while the former jock screams and bellows gutteral nonsense over him. 

It's fun trying to figure out what happened based upon the tone of Laps roaring.  

Daltons pass heads towards the endzone *BLOORRRGH!!!!!* 

Ok, is thay an exuberant yell indicating a TD or a pained yell indicating an INT?

The most exciting 3 yard loss in football is a Bengals run.

Hoard: (calmly, almost clinically as if he were reading it off a page) Burrow under center, one deep behind him in the backfield, the snap, hand off to Mixo....
Lapham: Go! Go! Go! Go! Ah!
Hoard: (again, as if he were reading the periodic table) Joe Mixon with the carry for a 3 yard loss and the Bengals will have to punt.

^ LOVE it. It's honestly hilarious and my buddies and I sometimes just do random Dave Lapham style voice mails on non-football things or live Lap play by play of real life events that are incredibly boring or turn out poorly. It's a fun time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - PDub80 - 04-27-2021, 11:39 AM