Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell
(04-27-2021, 02:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Very respectfully disagree about the quality of our o line or the best pick for changing from likely perpetual doormats to potential contender in 2 to 3 years.

They aren't contending next year regardless of who they pick.

We would have a average OL if they get a G in round 2... on paper.

But paper doesn't play games. 

While I get that people are fascinated with Madden style games and want Chase cause... we scorez all da pointz...

I don't get the magical belief that the line is fixed with a flawed prospect starting at a new spot. Unless you take Davis, Trey Smith, Ben Cleveland or Green you are moving a center or tackle to guard.

But the real mystery to me remains, why anyone believes: 

Jonah will play 16 games... when he has played in only 10 in 2 years. 

XSF will play a full season, hasn't done it in 3 years.

Hopkins will be the same after his ACL. He might but.. a knee injury to a center? 

The odds of a Jordan sighting on the line next year are high if they wait till round 2 or 3 to address the line.

It remains simple. If the team believes the line is a real issue, they take Sewell. If they pass on Sewell they aren't concerned about the line and think 1 draft pick will be enough. Remember last season when they ignored it till late... well Tobin sees starters in round 3 so don't be surprised when round 3 hits and we finally go after a guy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell - Murdock2420 - 04-27-2021, 04:13 PM