Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell
It's still insane to me that this is happening. People can talk all they want about how the Bengals need someone to "take the top off the defense" (literally exactly what we said about Ross) but the reality is that we're picking Chase because he played with Burrow. Full stop. We're picking him because they're friends. If it were about talent, you'd have countless teams talking to ATL about #4 to get their hands on Chase. I have yet to hear of one. ATL has to put out noise about how they're looking to move Julio just to stir the pot, and even then- no interest. Ja'Marr Chase is so good that... nobody cares. Complete indifference. And the first pick that seems to be in play is at #6.

If anything, I expect us to get fooled by Atlanta's rumors and end up bidding against yourselves lol. I mean, it's not entirely out of the question that Mike might get tricked into trading up to #4 to make sure he gets his man lol. I don't wanna jinx it but that would be a new low. And we love new lows with this team, don't we?

Any other year, any other coach, any other QB, I'm confident this wouldn't be happening. Yet here we are. It perfectly encapsulates why we can't ever seem to turn the corner imo. We just get distracted too easily.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell - tms - 04-27-2021, 05:48 PM