Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone name a better receiving core?
(04-27-2021, 06:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sorry, but I gotta correct this.

Terrell Owens was pretty damn good for us that year.  In fact, I'd argue he was really good.

He had 983 yards and 9 TD's in only 14 games.  Fwiw, he only started 11 games so I'm not sure if he was hurt in others or what.  But I think it's safe to say he missed more than 2 games of playing time.

Keep in mind, he accomplished these numbers on an offense that was:  22nd in points scored, 20th in yards, and 29th in TD's.  Oh, and Bob Bratowski was the coordinator. (Bonus points for any offensive player subjected to that man's offense post 2006)

You start to projected those numbers out with only 2 more games and he sits at 1,123 yards and 10 TD's.  And what's even crazier is he did this at the age of 37.

This probably sounds like I'm a huge TO fan but I'm really not.  (I think the dude is kind of a chode).  But I think a lot of people associate him with being terrible because that team was such a disappointment.  

Your 100 percent correct. I just remember the Bengals were bad and didn't remember his individual #s. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone name a better receiving core? - NUGDUKWE - 04-27-2021, 06:35 PM