Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell
(04-27-2021, 05:55 PM)Synric Wrote: This has nothing to do with round 2 as their will be Offense Line and Wide Receivers in rounds 2 and 3. This is just straight prospect rankings. 

I have Ja'Marr Chase as a better overall prospect than Penei Sewell.

Fair enough, but I would rank them as Pitts, Sewell, Chase personally. 

And that ranking includes more then just the RAS score stuff:

Pitts to me is the most unique of the three, he comes in and causes so many issues for defenses and has no opt out and has shown it for years.

Sewell is at the greatest position of need for the team and has more years of success then Chase. Sewell started as a Freshman and was dominate. Got injured and bounced back like nothing happened, winning the Outland Trophy as a sophomore.

Chase came on super strong after a really pedestrian first year with Burrow. 313 yards with Burrow year 1 and was really a non factor, then gets hooked up with Joe Brady and all of the sudden, that offense explodes. I think Chase will be a good WR but he will need the type of coach that knows how to use him and get the most out of him and I don't think that is Taylor is on the Brady level.

So my rankings aren't just a "raw" prospect rank but a who comes in and gets the most out of them on this team.

I was in the minority last year saying we should trade out of one and take Herbert and the extra picks and was told I was crazy that Herbert wasn't even close to Burrow. Well, he was. Sometimes it isn't just about looking at tape and saying this guy is a good prospect, you have to take into account the team, the need, the coaching and what they are going to do with these guys. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell - Murdock2420 - 04-27-2021, 09:31 PM