Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Bridgewater trade effect draft trade prospects
(04-28-2021, 08:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have said that the best thing for the Bengals would be to trade back to #9.  I felt Denver was the most likely trade partner since they were really looking for a QB.

Today they traded for Teddy Bridgewater from Carolina.

Does that make Carolina more likely to trade up from #8 to get the QB they want?

Lots of people feel we can't drop out of the top 8 in order to get one of Pitts, Chase, or Sewell, but I would have been happy with another 2nd round pick and DeVonta Smith or Slater.  Now if Carolina wants to move up we can still get one of the "big three".

Not saying that Denver sees Bridgewater as their long term answer at QB, but he may be seen as a "bridge" QB while they develop a second round pick.

It seems pretty evident that the Panthers made their QB move, when they traded for Darnold.  Now, with the Broncos trading for Bridgewater, I think that takes Denver out of the potential "trade up" equation, just like Carolina.

If either of those two teams ever had ambitions of trading up to 5 with the Bengals, I'm pretty sure those ships have sailed by now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bridgewater trade effect draft trade prospects - SunsetBengal - 04-28-2021, 08:49 PM