Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-29-2021, 08:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This attempted argument fails because the ownership of toxic chemicals is not a civil liberty.

I find it funny that you are telling me my logic fails when you have contradicted your own argument. If guns in the hands of criminals are what is destroying the disadvantaged communities, then how could it be the lack of regulation that is the cause? Criminals are already barred from owning firearms. That's not a failure of regulation, but a failure of enforcement. The regulations are in place.

You need to get a better understanding of a logical argument.

Lack of registration requirements is the biggest obstacle to enforcing the laws we already have on the books.

You know why criminals don't all roll around in stolen cars all the time?  Because registration requirements make it very easy to enforce laws against possessing a stolen car.

If a police officer comes in contact wit a person in possession of a gun he has not idea if that person can legally posses that gun or if the gun is stolen.  If a police officer finds multiple weapons in a car with multiple convicted felons as long as there happens to be one person who can legally own a gun all that person has to do is claim ownership of all of the guns.  If a gun is found at a crime scene there is no way to track it to its owner.  lack of regulation of the sale of guns make it easy for any criminal to buy a gun anytime he wants to from a private citizen.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - fredtoast - 04-29-2021, 08:56 AM