Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell
Chris Simms switches from Sewell to Chase:

"I have been on TV for the most part for the last month kinda been that guy like 'Penei Sewell, Penei Sewell. Draft the tackle. Let's protect Burrow. Open up holes for Joe Mixon and you play in the AFC North where we know there's lots of big bad dudes on the edges of defenses."

"But as I started to get closer and I had to do my mock draft and I started to figure out and play GM for both teams, I kinda flipped my thought a little bit and thought, 'If I'm the Bengals, I'm gonna go Ja'Marr Chase at No. 5.' You could go Penei Sewell and get a pretty good receiver at the top of the second if you wanted, right? Or you could go with Ja'Marr Chase—a superstar receiver, who to me is one of the safest picks in the whole draft and now get a pretty good offensive lineman in the top of the second."

"If you want to have an elite, explosive offense, you need one superstar at the wide receiver position. If you want to have an elite wide receiving core, I really believe you gotta have at least one superstar that does that. To be an elite offensive line, you don't have to have a superstar offensive lineman."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell - Bengalholic - 04-29-2021, 11:33 AM