Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(04-30-2021, 11:50 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Billy Price was a consensus top center coming out of Ohio State.  He won the Remington Trophy coming out of Ohio State. 

Yet he wasn't a good player.  I believe the Remington Trophy goes to the nations best college football center. 

Is it possible Price was rushed back from his injury, lost confidence because he was constricted in what he was able to do?  

I have no clue but both players were all stars coming out of college and capable of playing in the NFL.  

Again, everyone has opinions and my opinion is when Jonah is on the field he's been good, but not great. 

They were also evaluated and drafted by the exact same offensive line coach I believe in Frank Pollack.  

Price was NOT the consensus top C that year. It was Frank Ragnow. Ragnow likely would have been the Remington winner in 2017 had he not injured his ankle in late October and had to miss the rest of the season. But he was dominant for multiple years up to that point. At the time, Ragnow had the two highest-graded seasons for C according to PFF since they started evaluating college players. His grades were 94.5 in 2016 and 93.7 in 2017 before he went down to injury. Price didn't even crack the Top 10. https://www.pff.com/news/draft-frank-ragnow-the-forgotten-superstar-of-the-2018-nfl-draft

I recall quite a few draft big boards that had Price as a 2nd rounder who was either the 2nd or 3rd C. He was considered a better fit for a man/gap/power scheme compared to Daniels, who was a better fit for a zone scheme.
It's no secret the Bengals (and Pollack specifically) wanted Ragnow, but they didn't bother thinking about what other teams might do to get him ahead of the Bengals, and he got swiped at 20. Given the Bengals did a terrible job of getting a C in FA, they absolutely needed a C, so they reached for Price.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round - ochocincos - 04-30-2021, 11:55 AM