Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
(04-30-2021, 12:41 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: I think they are committed to improving the o-line. Two factors to consider here. 
1.) Chase is a true generational talent and will change the nature of a game all by himself. No one I can think of has criticized the Bengals for taking him first (at least no one with a credible opinion). Chase is much more impactful at his position than Sewell.
2.) This draft is a "tale of two cities", so to speak. It's not very deep overall, especially past the first round. But it's incredibly deep with regard to offensive linemen. Sewell is a good one, but there are several others who are within spitting distance of him. One or two of which should be available in the second round. Jenkins, if the Bengals can land him, will make this a much better draft for them than if they'd picked Sewell first. Guaranteed. 
GO STRIPES!!!

guess you missed the commentary with the crew on ESPN of why Sewell was the better pick than Chase and the mention of all the picks Sewell was probably the most impacting and upside with possible HOF future but this discussion is not part of my thread... we picked Chase so now the lack of addressing the Oline in FA and 1st round pick of Chase makes it even more important to address it in 2/3.. especially as you head later in picks still higher probability it could be a bad pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round - Essex Johnson - 04-30-2021, 02:04 PM