Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that hated the trade down.
(05-01-2021, 08:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: What if... The  Bengals  flip one of their 4th round picks for Zach Ertz today and then sign (fa) one or two of trae turner/Eric fisher/Russ pking/etc to a 1-2 year deal for depth/camp competition?  This would be in addition to 5 other picks today as well.

Would those of you be able to look back at this weekend as a win?

The What If lies the problem, those on the board are missing the issue is more contol of the draft board than anything. For example 1st round we had contol to take the consensus top lineman, we passed.. 2nd round we traded back after just 1 oline had went since mid 1st round we passed, 3rd round we can add more depth to Oline we pass.
And if Carman was our guy all along in 2nd round why risk trading back?  Finally FA  they dont sign a FA oline to what day 3 and for a 1 year contract..so that tells me they still dont believe Oline was priority #1. I will admit that I probably overreacted on the Carman the player some still most of my frustration was due to the issues with approach but it came right back in 3rd when we passed again on taking Oline and now are in the dreaded 4/5 area of increased bust risk..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that hated the trade down. - Essex Johnson - 05-01-2021, 08:27 AM