Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that hated the trade down.
(05-01-2021, 09:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First , the idea that there is not talent does not seem relative since we are talking about the elite players of College that will be drafted , so yes there is always talent the difference is risk vs. reward... Funny that now we talk about talent in 4th for Oline but how long did we read so many on board preach we can;t wait till 4th round for two reasons:  need starters now, most are development players in 4/5 range and then you do have the increased risk of a bust since by value standards there is more risk in later rounds...
I think the can't wait until the 4th was part of the Sewell debate. If we went WR 1st withou trading back and picking up an extra 3rd then we definitely risked pushing atleast the 2nd oline to the 4th rd. The draft went they way alot of the mocks did in the 3rd where the OL went in the later part of the rd so the Bengals went BPA which we all thought might happen. What I meant by talent is a guy who can compete to start this year but at the least be a solid backup this year and develop into a starter hopefully next year. I think there's still those guys available and hopefully the Bengals do that with pick 111 for the OL. I liked the trade back because the Bengals had need for guys like that at multiple positions.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that hated the trade down. - NUGDUKWE - 05-01-2021, 10:01 AM