Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that hated the trade down.
(05-01-2021, 10:41 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I will have to disagree with you on the Bengals O line draft history and I can offer up extremely strong evidence to refute your speculation if you would like. Is it possible you are basing this statement off of single draft that included Ogbuehi and Fisher? 

I would also have to question you valuing the judgement of an analyst over Frank Pollack.

That one draft plays a big part in that evaluation, for sure. How could it not. Billy Price wasn't a winner either though. On the other hand, there is no real success story to even that impression out, we took no one great or undervalued on Oline recently. Bodine, Westerman, Dielman, Jordan and all those later round guys I forget... zero hidden gems found. I know not everyone can be such a hidden gem, but still, that is a low success rate overall.

And I don't want to be pretentious and claim to know better than the coaching staff (or whoever makes the picks), because of course I don't. On the other hand, if one always had to trust the team over everything else, every pick would have to turn out great. Which they do not, so yeah, I think the team can make strategic mistakes or even misjudge a prospect and it's not outlandish to think so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that hated the trade down. - hollodero - 05-01-2021, 10:51 AM