Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that hated the trade down.
(05-01-2021, 11:58 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Do you have links to that or know what podcast that was on? Would be interested in reading/hearing.

Marshall did have weird medicals. Coming to LSU Marshall & Jefferson were both more highly sought after recruits than Chase. Chase just ended up out working them and having the light bulb come on and from there, the sky was the limit. Joey B was the same way.

James Rapien just said on Locked On Bengals podcast that he found out Mid day Fri that in now way, shape, or form were the Bengals ever going to take Jenkins based on several different factors. And that they had Carman rated higher than Little, Radunz, Eichenberg, etc.

Time will tell!

I love the trade down now. When I first found out that they could have picked Jenkins and passed to trade down 10 spots to take Carman, I was not too happy. After watching film on Carman, I think he would make a very good guard
, especially on the move. Not a solid tackle, but hopefully they don't intend to use him that way. The biggest concern here is the disc issue in his back, and I'm not thrilled to be taking an injury risk with a second round pick. Hopefully he becomes a 10 year starter for us at one of the guard spots, but I'm not sure this was the best guard prospect available where he was selected. But I do hope I'm wrong. Given what you say about how the Bengals felt about Jenkins, it makes some sense, and I hope they're right, but think that they may have made a mistake.

I honestly don't like the Ossai pick at all. I think he's a high motor guy, who's faster than Hubbard, but not as powerful. Not a terrible pick, but think there were better players in other positions at that spot. Perhaps need won out over bpa. I hope you're right and this guy does big things, but to me he seems like a low end starter or an average rotational player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that hated the trade down. - masterpanthera_t - 05-01-2021, 01:33 PM